• @Reborn2966@feddit.it
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    10 months ago

if people do cross posts, will i see the post only once?

will lemmy detect that i can see the original + 3 crossposts and show me only the original?

this is more like a feature request, i don’t think we are there yet.

we could also aggregate and sync comments across cross postings, so that the post is really just one, but posted in more than one community.

• JeenaA
      link
      English
      3310 months ago

Yes, this is how it works in lemmy-ui. In this following example someone posted to !technology@beehaw.org and I pressed the cross-post button and cross-posted it to !firefox@lemmy.ml:

And if you cross post it to more then one there will be just a list of them.

• @Blaze@sopuli.xyz
      link
      fedilink
      English
      1810 months ago

if people do cross posts, will i see the post only once?

On the website, it does

• Amilo159
        link
        fedilink
        English
        1310 months ago

Problem is on mobile apps. If it works on website, that’s good but doesn’t solve the problem of majority of users that are on mobile.

• JeenaA
          link
          English
          910 months ago

I’m using the website on mobile and it does do it there too:

• JeenaA
              link
              English
              1510 months ago

Interestingly the title is “my biggest gripe with Lemmy” not “my biggest gripe with my app of choice”.

• @jiji@lemmy.world
                link
                fedilink
                English
                510 months ago

OP, like me, probably doesn’t/didn’t know that the website interface for Lemmy has a solution for this and it’s actually an app problem. So to OP it is a “Lemmy” gripe until we’re given more info. :)

• Tywele
                link
                fedilink
                English
                edit-2
                10 months ago

The comment you were replying to was talking about mobile apps and not the mobile website.

Edit: took some rudeness out of the comment

• JeenaA
                  link
                  English
                  410 months ago

That’s great, but I was not replying to the content of the comment but amending the comment with more information.